On May 29, 2015, our MN Reale Construction crew installed the newly restored Academy on the Green bell tower after refurbishing it as part of a collaborative project between our hardworking crew, Jeff Haynes of J&R Haynes LLC and the town of Branford.
Watch aerial footage of the installation below.
We were hired by the town of Branford, CT, to restore the bell tower on the historic 1803 Academy on the Green building. We removed it and brought it to our shop to reseal water-damaged areas, and carefully clean the copper. We also custom cut and mill new columns to replace the existing, badly damaged columns, and reinforce them with steel brackets and bolts to properly secure the bell tower. New millwork was completed to imitate the original trim on all of the exterior surfaces. The Academy’s bell tower was successfully reinstalled on May 29, 2015.
Below is a full page feature article that ran in the June 12, 2015 issue of Shoreline Times detailing the project.